Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2007.015.0079
Object Name Print, Photographic
Description This picture shows the Gilmanton Mill, location S14-T23-R11. It was built in 1857-8 by J.W. Howard. The mill had two stone rollers, one for flour and one for feed. Earlier in its history, dances were held on second floor. In 1912, an electric generator was installed. The mill building was destroyed by fire in 1996 (reference Jerry Gumbert).